This recipe delivers such a gorgeous display of color with its rich oranges, deep purples, and gorgeous greens. But once you take a bite, you’ll realize its beauty runs more than skin deep. Roasting the lightly seasoned vegetables brings out the full depth of their flavor to infuse every bite with a rich, savory sweetness that makes this one a true winner.
If necessary, use two half baking sheets or a larger three-quarter size sheet pans to allow enough room to spread the vegetables out in a single layer without overcrowding. This will allow them to roast evenly without steaming.
Tip: For best results, crack each egg into a small bowl before transferring onto the sheet pan. Repeat this process, one egg at a time, until all eggs are on the pan.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 22-28 minutes
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1 lb. small purple potatoes, cut in half
8 oz. Brussels sprouts, cut in half
1 large red onion, roughly chopped
3-4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 t. onion powder
3 T. extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
6 large eggs
2 T. crushed kale chips or dried herbs of choice
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. If using parchment paper, lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss sweet potatoes, purple potatoes, Brussels sprouts, red onion, garlic, onion powder, and olive oil until vegetables are well coated. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Spread the sweet potato mixture onto the prepared sheet pan in a single layer without overcrowding and roast in pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes. Stir vegetables and continue roasting another 8-10 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove sheet pan from oven and create 6 round, evenly spaced openings among the vegetables. Carefully pour an egg into each opening, keeping the yolk intact. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired, and return pan to the oven.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until the egg whites are set and the yolks reach the desired level of doneness. Remove sheet pan from oven and garnish with crushed kale chipsor dried herbs of choice, if desired, and serve immediately with the roasted vegetables. Enjoy!